✝ IN LOVING MEMORY ✝
✝IN LOVING MEMORY✝
GMTK 2021 Game Jam Theme: "Joined Together"
✝ MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- 2x Players 🧍🧍
- 1x Gamepad 🎮
✝ NICE TO HAVE FOR EXTRA FUN
- 4x Players 🧍🧍🧍🧍
- 2x Gamepads 🎮🎮
A dark-themed cooperative Octodad-like physics game.
✝ HOW TO WIN
- Carry the coffin until the end of the hallway and put it on the altar.
- Try to stay synchronized with the other players.
✝ HOW TO LOSE
- If a pallbearer is to far from the coffin, he will drop it.
- If a pallbearer is hit by an obstable, he will also drop the coffin.
- If the corpse get out of the coffin, you lose.
- Pallbearers have a stamina system. The higher they lift the coffin, the quicker they will walk. But they also get tired more rapidly. If they run out of stamina, they will rest for a few seconds.
Game Design, Graphic Design, Sound Design, Programming
(PlayStation Gamepad 3D model courtesy of Alexis Bastieri)
- Unity 2021.1
- Unity Plugins: ProBuilder, DOTween, Rewired
The famous meme video of the fabulous Dancing Pallbearers.
✝ POST MORTEM
- I made this jam solo, so graphics and sound are pretty basic, unfortunately.
- I didn't know how to make a proper ragdoll, so I used Spring Joints on capsules to tie them together, which can cause bugs (but they're fun to watch so it's ok).
- The most difficult design challenge was to teach players how to hold the controller together without having to make special art.
- I didn't have my headset, so audio mixing was made with the crappiest laptop built-in speakers. Sorry about that.
- I wanted to keep keyboard compatibility, but gameplay just didn't feel right without analog controls. The game only works on gamepad with analog triggers.
- On the first draft, players were able to separately lift the coffin and walk forward. I tied the two commands on the same axis to better fit the theme (Joined Together), and to make the game more accessible.
✝ FURTHER IMPROVEMENTS (AFTER THE JAM)
- I will upload a new build with alternative joystick Y-Axis controls in addition of triggers.
- The webGL version crashed the whole page, some weird memory allocation issue, so I took it off. If I manage to solve the issue, I will get it back online.
IN LOVING MEMORY (WINDOWS) 42 MB
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.